The GIMP.ORG (http://gimp.org/tutorials/Basic_Batch) tutorial seems to be up-to-date and covers just about all that you need to know. Also, have you visited GIMPtalk.com and searched for the term "batch". That should provide some good examples that do almost exactly that which you described.

If you have any specific questions, I shall be happy to try to answer them.

Quoting "B.W.H. van Beest" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I would like to create a jpg image from a gimp xsf-file, but in batch
mode. (for instance, to have it as a rule in a Makefile)
I have been struggling with this for quite some time, but all attempt
have failed.  Browsing the web did not yield workabale references or
examples. It seems that info on script-fu all is outdated?

Is there somebody around who can who me how to do this?