I am surmising that the problem which you are experiencing is because you haven't adjusted your "canvas size" to accommodate both layers side-by-side. The easiest way to do this (assuming that you have two separate layers) is to move one layer completely outside of the other layer and then perform an "Image->Fit canvas to layers" command. You should then be able to see both layers in your window and can place them accordingly. After you have the layers where you wish, you should crop your image to eliminate the unwanted portions.

Quoting "Thomas w. Cranston" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
I scanned artwork that was bigger than my scanner, by scanning the
right end, and then the left end. I saved the 2 images, as a, and b.

How do I do this, so that I can combine them as one image.