On Sunday 18 June 2006 06:37 pm, Thomas w. Cranston wrote:
> I scanned artwork that was bigger than my scanner, by scanning the
> right end, and then the left end. I saved the 2 images, as a, and
> b.
>
> I next opened up bothe images, and tried moving image b, onto the
> window with image a. I first tried pasting b next to image a, but
> it covers a. I next tried dragging b into the window w/a. That did
> not work either.
>
> How do I do this, so that I can combine them as one image.

Image->Resize Canvas on one otf the imaegs. Set it big enbough to
acomodate both images. Then,.  just copy and paste, and click on
layers->new layer after pasting. That will give you 2 independent
layers, each with one image. You can then drag then around, and use
the perspective tool to make then match. Go to the layers dialog
(dialogs->layers), and redduce the opacity of the lauer that is above
to make it easier to put it on the right place.