On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 02:00:11PM -0400, John R. Culleton wrote:
> I have on my desk "The Basics tutorial" By JTL dated 2002. Is
> there a newer and easier way to create three dimensional text
> with a drop shadow?

there was at one time a script-fu that seemed to be based solely on the
tutorial.  i remember it because it made the shadows too dark for my
tastes and the transparency percentage was hardcoded into the script.

i cannot remember the name of the script and i do not know if GIMP still
contains this.

it would be easy enough to write though.

carol