I wanted to understand a graphics file format... any format that could be disected with a programming language...any programming language. What is the absolute simplest bit map file format we can save out a black and white image in GIMP? I think it might be PPM in my version 2.2.6 but there may be somehing simpler for black and white images like
what I look to end up with in making screen color seperations.
Space is not an issue any more with 80 gig hard drives so compression is not needed any more.
So leaving out ALL compressed graphics formats.... whats left?
Interesting enough....ASCII art is a SAVE AS option.
I wonder how fine a grain of detail we get  when saving as ASCII art.
I have to play with that one.