On 12/10/06, John Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jerry Baker wrote:
> This link has a pretty good overview:
> http://money.cnn.com/blogs/legalpad/index.html#116360365189479898

Just me, but I couldn't find a reference to GIMP.

There isn't one. The terms of the GPL 3 have no direct bearing on GPL 2
software.
As for the option of using GPL 3 for GIMP, I don't know if it's been
discussed. As far as I know the distinctions made are unnecessary for GIMP
itself; All code that could relate to patents is used by plugins, most often
indirectly via a library. Of course, all code relates to patents with the
ridiculous current situation. Really I refer to the patents that have a
shred or more of plausibility.