Bernhard D Rohrer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> has anybody ever thought about using Gimp with Subversion? I'd love a
> module that allows me to make sense of my edited versions of an image. I
> couldn't find a plugin though :(

Subversion or most other revision control systems are optimized for
text data.  But, this doesn't mean it would work with images.  It just
can not store differences between image versions and therefore it has
to store the whole file even if you only changed one pixel.

I don't know of any RCS that would be better suited for binary data or
even be specialized for images.

But, why do you need a Gimp plugin for that?  There are plenty of
graphical frontends for Subversion in case you don't like the command