Scott Bicknell wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 17, 2007 8:38 pm, Marcel wrote:
>
>> I'm using the GIMP with the GAP plugin, and I've been using it to
>> edit frames from a movie. (Fantastic tool btw)
>>
>> I would like to adjust the contrast and brightness of all the frames.
>> Can this be done with GAP? I've looked but I can't find an option for
>> it :( (Adjusting the frames one by one is not an option, there are
>> too many frames for that)
>
> Not directly. What you will need to do is use the Frames to image...
> Video menu item to get a multilayered image. Then open the Filters menu
> and select the Filter all layers... item. From there you will have to
> find plug-ins that affect contrast and brightness.

I found a solution. But not by using a filter that directly affects the
contrast and brightness :\

The effect I was looking for was to turn green-screen footage of a
person into high contrast black&white/grayscale psuedo cartoon footage.
Filtering out the green screen was easy, but getting the cartoon-ish
effect required fiddling with an inverted 'contrast mask' layer (set to
'grain-extract') and the 'channel-mixer' filter. (and of course the
'cartoon' filter, but that one was easy :)

(If you've seen the music video for the Gnarls Barkley song 'Crazy' then
you'll probably have an idea of the effect I'm trying to achieve :)

Thanks for the help though,

Marcel

---
Trying to learn about software is like trying to nail Jello to a tree