Hi,

I have started to add some palettes, brushes, and scripts in GIMP.

There are a lot of useful brushes that will come in handy for
specific purposes, but won't be used often.

Performance: If all the brushes are added at startup how does
GIMP perform?  Does startup time increase?

Management: I know about Folders in Preferences that help in
the management on disk, but I'm more concerned about management
in the GUI. The Brush Dialog could get really long, really fast.
Is there a feature or option I missed?  How do others handle
the addition of many brushes?

It would be nice if the needed package or directory of brushes only
appeared in the Brush Dialog when wanted, otherwise all the user
would see is the directory name next to a checkbox.

Thank you.