Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 1:00 PM
To: gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
Subject: Gimp-user Digest, Vol 57, Issue 17

Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 13:46:25 -0400
From: "John R. Culleton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP for annotation
To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu

On Tuesday 12 June 2007 10:34, Kraemer,Steven [Edm] wrote:
> Hello,
> I am looking for annotation software (that will run on Red Hat 9) to
> be used in a classroom setting. Is anyone is using GIMP for this
> purpose? Is it possible to run GIMP as a transparent overlay for the
> purpose of annotating content displayed in underlying windows?
> Any help on this would be much appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Steven Kraemer

Can you flesh out the requirement a bit? Is this for screen display,
slides or paper copies? Most publishing programs will allow one pdf or
whatever as the background for a page and another overlaying it with
text.  Context (part of TeX) does this for example. And I am also sure I
can do it in Scribus.  You can of course do it in Gimp but each combined
page would be a separate entity. And text would be converted to bitmaps.

As the Vermont farmer said, "If I was goin' to Montpelier I sure
wouldn't start from here."  I would look at other tools for this
particular job.
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting
Satisfaction guaranteed.

Gimp-user mailing list

End of Gimp-user Digest, Vol 57, Issue 17