Hi! I've been trying to install GIMP 2.3.18 (gimp-dev) in Mac OS X
Tiger, from MacPorts (it used to work fine, some weeks ago) but now I
get the following error (see bottom of this message). Did anyone
around here get the same error? Is there any know solution?

Ok, ok. I should email the maintainer of this port. I will try to do

Thanks anyway for any help
Victor Domingos

--->  Configuring fontconfig
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure:
shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
s_fontconfig/work/fontconfig-2.4.2" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/
local --mandir=/opt/local/share/man --with-add-fonts=/Library/Fonts,/
opt/local/share/fonts " returned error 1
Command output: checking for random... yes
checking for lrand48... yes
checking for a usable iconv... no
checking for freetype-config... /opt/local/bin/freetype-config
checking for FT_Get_Next_Char... no
checking for FT_Get_BDF_Property... no
checking for FT_Get_PS_Font_Info... no
checking for FT_Has_PS_Glyph_Names... no
checking for FT_Get_X11_Font_Format... no
checking for FT_Bitmap_Size.y_ppem... no
checking expat.h usability... no
checking expat.h presence... no
checking for expat.h... no
checking xmlparse.h usability... no
checking xmlparse.h presence... no
checking for xmlparse.h... no
configure: WARNING: Cannot find usable expat library. Trying to use
libxml2 as fallback.
checking for pkg-config... /opt/local/bin/pkg-config
checking for LIBXML2... configure: error: Package requirements
(libxml-2.0 >= 2.6) were not met:

No package 'libxml-2.0' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables LIBXML2_CFLAGS
and LIBXML2_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libgnomeui gnome-
keyring gtk2 pango Xft2 fontconfig xrender render cairo tiff jpeg p5-
xml-parser perl5.8 libbonoboui dbus docbook-xml-4.1.2 xmlcatmgr
libxml2 xmlto docbook-xml-4.2 docbook-xsl getopt libxslt dbus-glib
libbonobo intltool orbit2 libidl popt libgnome esound audiofile
autoconf help2man p5-locale-gettext libtool m4 gnome-vfs gconf gnome-
mime-data heimdal howl neon openssl libgnomecanvas libart_lgpl
libglade2 libgtkhtml gail libmng automake lcms librsvg libcroco
libgsf libwmf poppler poppler-data py-gtk2 py-cairo py-numeric
python24 py-gobject