On Saturday 04 August 2007, Niels Larsen wrote:
> A small beginners minihowto about gimp  is made.
> The idea is to get newbies started using gimp immediately, with the
> most elementary things.
> Has taken me a long time, to learn gimp.
> The address is http://www.minihowto.org
> I am an old pensioner of some 66 years of age.

And I am a very young pensioner of (almost) 75 years of age. I will
grow up some day but I don't believe in rushing things.

The minihowto is at the bottom of the right column on that page. Just
downloaded it. Took just a few seconds.  Will coment on the contents

John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting
Satisfaction guaranteed.