Hi,

Sven Neumann wrote:
> This functionality is already provided by the lcms plug-in as included
> with GIMP 2.3.

I have already known that.

> There is still some user interface changes missing, but
> it will provide this functionality for 2.4.

If an appropriate UI is added for 2.4, I think it to be wonderful.
The icc_colorspace plug-in was not made in order to disturb that.

The support of the abstract/devicelink profiles will be added to this
plug-in, but I think that is unnecessary for the lcms plug-in.
And, two types of "Absolute colorimetric" intents are included in the
icc_colorspace, but these are also unnecessary for the lcms plug-in.

I think that there might be some expert users who want to use ICC-based
functions right now.
The icc_colorspace plug-in is useful for them.

Of course, the better way for the ordinary users is waiting for the release
of 2.4.

--

Yoshinori Yamakawa
yam at yellowmagic.info