> On 8/1/07, David Gower wrote:

> OTOH if you're just autocropping a *layer*, not an image, you can just
> compare image corners to layer corners.

While looking into this, I notice that autocropping an image uses the
active layer, not the projection, to determine the resultant image
boundaries. (Would this be a bug?)

Based on this behavior, there is no real advantage (from a scripting
standpoint; you still have to process each layer individually) to doing a
crop image as opposed to a crop layer. By processing each layer
individually, its boundary offsets and dimensions remain relative to the
original image, easing the task of comparing their "before" and "after"
values.