Hi,

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 23:17 +0200, Bram Van Steenlandt wrote:

> When I set the tile cache to 512MB or more it stops with error:
> GLib-ERROR **: gmem.c:135: failed to allocate 16384 bytes

No idea what is causing this. You should get your hands on copies of
glib, gtk+ and gimp that include debugging symbols and run it in gdb.
The stack trace will help us to find out what is going wrong here.

> -Is there a way to work in ram only ?

Sure, just set the tile-cache size large enough. It even makes sense to
set it larger than the amount of physical RAM. If you think your OS is
doing a better job swapping than GIMP does, then let it do the work and
assign all your virtual memory to GIMP.

Sven