Hi,

See 2 sample images at:

www.dottedi.biz/codesamples/images/wave1.png
www.dottedi.biz/codesamples/images/wave2.png

To create base image #1 I dropped in the blue background color, then
used the 'Create and edit paths' tool to add points then create the
selection for the greenish  shape.  I did some elementary editing to
make the curvy section curvy.  Not perfect but ok.

The next step is/was to add a border to the greenish area.  This is
where it all goes south.  I tried various border widths, also a little
blur effect, but still end up with jagged edges.  The question how do
you create a shape like this with smooth curves, not the jagged stuff?

When I used the 'elliptical region tool' to create a circle it looks
pretty good.

--
Bob Meetin
dotted i - Internet Strategies & Solutions