(Sorry - forgot the list)
--- Begin Message ---
Sven Neumann wrote:

On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 21:02 +0200, Andrew wrote:
Using gimp-2.4.0-rc2 on Slackware 12.0, I can duplicate .png files but not .xcf .jpg or .pef (Pentax raw) files. (I haven't tried other formats). I get an empty window, with no rulers either. If I click on the pan tool a thumbnail appears at the top left corner of the image.

GIMP has a pan tool? What is that?

Forgive me if I am not using the correct term. I am referring to the tool on the bottom right of the image window that allows you to pan the image.

As regards the problem I reported, although I was able to reproduce it consistently yesterday on two servers, it has ceased following a reboot. The problem must have been in the display on the client.

--- End Message ---