< snip >

> I'd expect that the documentation for building ufraw tells you how to
> install it as a gimp plug-in, too. Maybe something at configure time or
> maybe a link you have to create?

After considerable research I have come to the conclusion that what I am
trying to do is not possible. I use Gimp 2.3.18 and it looks as though
UFraw will not install as a plug-in with this version. There are no
problems with Gimp 2.2.13, as far as I can tell. However, I like Gimp
2.3.18 so I will just have to use UFraw as a stand alone application.
Can any one else throw any further light on the situation?

Norman