--- David Gowers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Thanks for your prompt answer but I don't think you got me right.
> > I don't want to save the selected area of the image but rather the
> path (the
> > outline) that is given by the  selection so that I can use this
> selection
> > outline to select a same area on another image.

I'm new to Gimp so forgive me if this sounds stupid, but would it be
possible to save the selection to an alpha channel, save the channel,
then load it into the other image that needs the selection.?  My
thinking is that since an alpha channel is transparent, you'd get the
impression of just having the selection itself?

Is that too out there?

Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the
tools to get online.