Thanks Sven -- this seems unreasonable, though, to have to install a plug-in
for animation
in order to use a tool on all layers.  I could not figure any way, so I
flattened and
saved under a new name and ran the curve/bend on the new file.

I wonder if other Gimp users find this to be a limitation.

On Nov 26, 2007 3:10 PM, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 15:04 -0500, Helen wrote:
> > In attempting to make photos look as though they are on the pages of a
> > book,
> > I have an image with  ten layers.  I'd now like to use the curve/bend
> > tool to make
> > the book "sink" in the middle (spine).  Must I flatten the image in
> > order for the tool
> > to affect all ten layers?
> You might have luck using the GIMP Animation Package. This is a
> third-party package that adds functionality which is useful for working
> on animations. It allows to apply a filter on all layers.
> Sven

using Linux, SuSE 10