Your Python code would seem to define 'strokes' but then access
'stroke1'. Unless 'stroke1' is defined somewhere else I should suspect
this to be problematic. (I could be missing something as I never use
Python.)

Your Scheme code looks fine except for the fact that
'gimp-vectors-stroke-get-length' returns a list containing just a
single item, the length. Use 'car' instead of 'caddr' and your code
should work.

(let* (
     (count 0)
     (vector (car(gimp-image-get-active-vectors img)))
     (strokes (cadr(gimp-vectors-get-strokes vector)))
     (len (car(gimp-vectors-stroke-get-length vector
                                                (aref strokes count)
                                                100.0))))
   (print (list len vector))
   )