On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 18:22 -0500, Leonard Evens wrote:
> I don't see a way to specify the matrix used to perform a desired
> perspective transformation manually.  Of course, I can adjust it by
> dragging handles, but it would be much easier for me to calculate what I
> need and then enter the elements of the matrix by hand.

I've gotten one response so far, and while interesting, it didn't work
out.

Is there some way to do what I want using a script?

Is there software except gimp which runs under Linux which I could use
instead?

If someone could direct me to the section of the gimp code which
performs perspective transformations, I might be able to extract it and
write my own program to do what I want, but from past experience I don't
place much hope in that.  Gimp code forms a complex network and it is
usually impossible to isolate one particular part and make much sense of
it.  Of course it would be nice if the gimp programmers added the
capability I want to a future version of gimp, but I won't hold my
breath waiting for that.