Hello,

I am trying to read and crop a 16-bit png image. The info I get from
imagemagick's identify follows below. Once loaded into gimp, the image
appears to be a 8-bit. After cropping and saving as png, it turns out to
be 8-bit according to imagemagick;s identify (info below).

Is there a way to use gimp to read, crop, and save the image with same
bit depth? If not, is there an alternative package I could use?
Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Valmor