On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 01:53 +0200, Zoltan Tibenszky wrote:
> I have to put some text on a picture. Some text have to be vertical. I
> have created the text with the text tool, and I have rotated it to make
> it vertical. The problem was that the sides of the text become
> transparent and just the middle of the text has reserved its original
> colour.
> How could I avoid this "transparent" issue?
> Is there any simpler way to create a non-horizontal text?

Sounds like your rotated text is now taller than the canvas.  If so, try
Image->Fit Canvas to Layers and then add a new layer the same color as
the background and move the new layer to the bottom of the layer stack.
Michael J. Hammel                               Ximba End User Software
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      http://www.ximba.org
LFS UserID: 16857
Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
  --  Credited to the Dalai Lama.