here is my
path: /Applications/Gimp-2.4.6/Gimp.app/Contents/Resources/Share/ gimp/2.0/
There is no help folder in 2.0. I made such a help folder and then a
moved the two help files into this folder.

The two help files? For context-sensitive help you need the HTML version
of the manual. This package has several hundred files.

I have downloaded The Gimp user manual but that is not what I needed.
I have several questions to this object.
Q1. what is the exact name and url that I must install
Q2. where are the files of the Gimp user manual located in the Gimp application
Q3. why do I not see the help folders which I made by hand

I searched and found a gimp-help-2.4.0.tar.bz2 version. Is that what I needed?