My sister-in-law sent me some JPEG photo files that displayed rather
large on the monitor and clearly were not going to fit the photo paper I
had available.  I opened both Image Size and Print Size and changed the
resolution from 90dpi to 300dpi, whereupon the millimetre dimensions
reduced sufficiently to fit the paper.

The RGB --> CMYK printer is an Epson CX6900F multifunction that has a
page preview function. When the photos were printed, the preview showed
only a small area from the upper left corner, i.e. the size/resolution
information saved in the JPEG files had been totally ignored.
Eventually I had to use  (blush!) Microsoft Photo Editor, a freebie that
comes with Windows XP.

What is going on?

Windows XP SP3, Gimp  2.4.6

Hedley Finger

28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia
Tel. +61 3 9809 1229   Fax. (call phone first)
Mob. (cell) +61 412 461 558
Email. "Hedley Finger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>