I feel as though I have invited everyone to a feast and then locked
myself outside in the rain while the party carries on.  I just *cannot*
get the  convert_ASE_to_GPL.py to work even after:

@    downloading and installing the ActiveState Python interpreter over
the AS Python already installed (uninstall/install),
@    placing  convert_ASE_to_GPL.py in both my personal and executable
plug-ins directories (separately and simultaneously) --
         C:\Documents and Settings\Hedley Finger\.gimp-2.6\plug-ins
         C:\Program Files\Gimp20\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins

Python is installed okay because the script immediately gets the Python
icon. When double-clicked a CLI window briefly opens showing that the
interpreter is having a go.  But it just won't work.  Nothing appears in
the menus, and Help >  Plug-in Browser shows nothing under either
Convert ... or Import ... .   Aaaaargghhhh!

Is there anybody on the list using Gimp 2.4.1 to 2.6.1 on Windows who
has made this work?  What did you do?  Does this directory have anything
to do with it: C:\Program Files\Gimp20\lib\gimp\2.0\interpreters ?
There was a mention in this thread of compiling Gimp with the Python
bindings.  Another clue?  Does anybody know whether the binary
executable for Windows is compiled with the Python bindings?

Regards,
Hedley

Gimp 2.6.1
Windows XP SP3

--

Hedley Finger

28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia
Tel. +61 3 9809 1229   Fax. (call phone first)
Mob. (cell) +61 412 461 558
Email. "Hedley Finger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>