On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:25 PM, Hedley Finger
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I feel as though I have invited everyone to a feast and then locked
> myself outside in the rain while the party carries on.  I just *cannot*
> get the  convert_ASE_to_GPL.py to work even after:
>
> @    downloading and installing the ActiveState Python interpreter over
> the AS Python already installed (uninstall/install),
> @    placing  convert_ASE_to_GPL.py in both my personal and executable
> plug-ins directories (separately and simultaneously) --
>         C:\Documents and Settings\Hedley Finger\.gimp-2.6\plug-ins
>         C:\Program Files\Gimp20\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins
>
> Python is installed okay because the script immediately gets the Python
> icon. When double-clicked a CLI window briefly opens showing that the
> interpreter is having a go.  But it just won't work.  Nothing appears in
> the menus, and Help >  Plug-in Browser shows nothing under either
> Convert ... or Import ... .   Aaaaargghhhh!
>
> Is there anybody on the list using Gimp 2.4.1 to 2.6.1 on Windows who
> has made this work?  What did you do?  Does this directory have anything
> to do with it: C:\Program Files\Gimp20\lib\gimp\2.0\interpreters ?
> There was a mention in this thread of compiling Gimp with the Python
> bindings.  Another clue?  Does anybody know whether the binary
> executable for Windows is compiled with the Python bindings?

Hi Hedley,

Windows is *not* my primary OS, but I did get it to work with 2.6.1
under windows XP two days ago.

I installed python first then these packages:
pycairo-1.4.12-1.win32-py2.5.exe, pygobject-2.14.1-1.win32-py2.5.exe,
pygtk-2.12.1-2.win32-py2.5.exe, gimp-2.6.1-i686-setup.exe.  A reboot
(for luck), and it showed up in the plug-in browser after launching
gimp 2.6.1.

I placed the python script in C:\Documents and Settings\<my
user>\.gimp-2.6\plug-ins\.

Hopefully you can get it working based on the above but fear not: the
party is still going on - still plenty of time to get inside, dry
yourself off, and sidle up to the bar :)

Chris