Well looks like the list wont take attachments so here is a link to some screen
shots .
http://www.lostgeorge.com/gimp_prob/
----- Original Message -----
From: lostgeorge
To: gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 12:40 PM
Subject: need help 2.6.1 in windows vista

I am having problems with gimp 2.6.1 under windows vista ! I am send along a
jpg of my screen  with gimp open and menu options are missing , filters video
windows help , and the biggest pain is under the file tab there are a few
'open' options but no SAVE or NEW options. this was the third load I did and
was a clean load ,I removed anything to do with gimp or GTK of the system . I
am at my wits end on this one . going back to 2.4.6 for now , anybody with any
ideas??
ghk