> > Check out this png.  I'm not sure if it is editable in the GIMP.
> > http://i34.tinypic.com/rtzshs.png
> >
> > First of all it's an indexed image.  You'll see two white arrows on the
> > right hand side.  Switch the mode to RGB and
> > you'll see two new alpha transparent arrows appear on the left hand side
> > (!?)
> >
> > Checking the header of the image I see Adobe Fireworks in there.  Any ideas
> > what this anomaly of a png is?
>
> I went to the URL but all I got was a blank page.

My browser has a white background and, as was suggested in the reply
sent to me, I right clicked on the blank page and saved the image to my
desktop. I opened the image in Image Viewer and there was a checkered
rectangle with a white arrow at the top right corner pointing to the
right and another white arrow in the bottom right corner pointing
downwards. There is also a pale grey arrow pointing to the right in the
top left corner and another similar arrow pointing downwards in the
bottom left corner. The 2 grey arrows were not noticeable when the image
was opened in Gimp but the checkered rectangle and the white arrows were
there.

Norman