Hi,

On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 12:47 +0000, Chris Mohler wrote:

> If I try calling "pdb.xsane()" or "pdb.xsane(0)" fron the python-fu
> console, I get: "extension 'xsane' aborted before sending its
> extension_ack message"
>
> Not even sure if that's helpful.  I've never tried calling an external
> program through the pdb before...

Yes you did. All plug-ins are external programs.

Looks like the xsane plug-in installs itself as an extension instead of
as a plug-in. That might be what the plug-in author intended to do, but
more likely it is just plain wrong. This is explained in
http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/libgimp/libgimp-gimp.html#gimp-install-procedure

I guess that the xsane plug-in needs to be fixed.

Sven