On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Andreas Matthias
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Chris Mohler wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 5:52 AM, Andreas Matthias
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> I'm trying to write a python script that opens the xsane dialog.
>>> But the example script below does not work. Any idea what's wrong?
>>
>> I don't find xsane in the pdb.  Have you looked in Help->Procedure Browser?
>
> Yes, I have. It's there. And it's coming from
> /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/xsane which is a link to /usr/bin/xsane.
>
> Running my script doesn't produce any error (warning) messages. It
> just stops after displaying "start foobar()".

If I try calling "pdb.xsane()" or "pdb.xsane(0)" fron the python-fu
console, I get: "extension 'xsane' aborted before sending its
extension_ack message"

Not even sure if that's helpful.  I've never tried calling an external
program through the pdb before...

Chris