I did get Xcftools built on Windows.  Hence GIMP/Xcf support is now built into
DBGallery.  This is a Windows program which is a tool for organizing and
quickly finding photos.  Primarily accomplished by utilizing data about
photographs.  It allows Gimp files to be viewed, indexed, searched, and
emailed. The product may be found at http://grrsystems.com/DBGallery.

Best Regards,
Glenn

--