http://docs.gimp.org/en/glossary.html

"Linux distributions almost always come with Ghostscript already
installed (not necessarily the most recent version). For other operating
systems, you may have to install it yourself. Here are instructions for
installing it on Windows:

Go to the Ghostscript project page on Sourceforge [GHOSTSCRIPT].

Look for the package gnu-gs or ghostscript (for non-commercial use only)
and go to the download section.

Download one of the prepared Windows distributions, such as gs650w32.exe
or gs700w32.exe.

Start the executable and follow the instructions of the installation
procedure.

Copy the executable gswin32c.exe from the bin directory of the
Ghostscript installation to the Windows directory (or any other
directory that is contained in the PATH). As an alternative, advanced
users can set an environment variable, GS_PROG, to point to gswin32c.exe
(e.g. C:\gs\gsX.YY\bin\gswin32c.exe).

Now you should be able to read PostScript files with GIMP. Please note
that you must not move the Ghostscript directories once the installation
is complete. The installation creates registry entries which allow
Ghostscript to find its libraries"