Hello!  I am not at all computer-savvy when it comes to installing/downloading
software.

I would like to know if my ASUS EEE PC 900 20 Gb can use GIMP software to
enhance photos. I have Photoshop on my big computer, and would at least like to
be able to sharpen photos, adjust the lighting, and some minor "Photoshopping"
on my ASUS.  I have written to ASUS and received some info, but they suggested
I write directly to GIMP.

Can someone please help?  What version of GIMP would I use, etc.?

Thank you.