norman (nor...@littletank.org) wrote (in part)  (on 2009-02-11 at
04:14):
 > am sorry for posting this, because the NEW feature to have an empty
 > > window is maybe very nice...
 > >
 > > But how can I get back the old layout?!
 > >
 > > So only the toolbox (with menu) without that anoying emtpy
 window...  ;)

 > > Sri for that folks... but most times I have the toolbox on my
 screen,
 > > and just drag/drop some images into it to edit them.
 > > (so afterwards just close the window...)
 > > Actually I close that empty window and gimp will close also... ;(
 > >
 > > ps: hopefully there will be a way to bring that back via config,
 > >   [ ]  only open toolbar... or something

 There is a way to do this because I have done it. Unfortunately, I
 have
 forgotten how but I am sure that Rolf Steinort at www.meetthegimp.org
 would know the answer.

Are you talking about adding the line:
(toolbox-wilber no)
to gimprc, normally at (in Windows XP) C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\.gimp-2.6\gimprc

This suppresses Wilbur drop-area at the top of the toolbox - not needed because the entire icons area in the toolbox is a drop-area?

However, this does not suppress the empty-image-window.

--
Regards ... Alec   (bura...@gmail & WinLiveMess - alec.m.burg...@skype)