Are you using Windows, linux or Mac? Let us know please.
I think with linux your easiest route is to have an internet connection running. Gimp should find the website
http://docs.gimp.org/en/ automatically.

Doug

rlt46...@aol.com wrote:
Hello,
Some time ago another person and I both asked how to get the Help function to work. I still haven't seen any answer and I think the questions got lost in the flurry of other more technical questions. I have Gimp (installed) and Gimp Help (also installed) but when I click on "Help" in Gimp I get a message that "The GIMP user manual is not installed on your computer." I know there is another step I must complete to integrate the two, but what is it? In other words, how do I get the help/user manual to work? Any advice will be appreciated and please remember... I am strictly a novice end-user.
Rebecca

*“Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves.�*
So said Abraham Lincoln!
Totally cool web site:* Tolerance.org <http://www.tolerance.org/index.jsp>*
*

*ANYTHING BEYOND THIS POINT IS ADVERTISING ADDED BY AOL WITHOUT MY PERMISSION OR CONSENT*

~~~

*A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! <http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1218822736x1201267884/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62>*