> I'm working on OS X 10.4.11 and using GIMP 2.6.4
> when I launch GIMP it literally takes 5 or 6 minutes to fully load
> and be functional
> I realize I have a lot of filters and brushes which adds to the load
> time
> but is this a known issue?
> it seems like the splash window spends most of its time on 'looking
> for documents'
> and is there any way to shorten this launch time?
> I searched through the posts and wasn't able to find any mention of
> this
> thanks in advance

I just timed the slow launch
- from 2xclicking GIMP to full load of a new session
it took 11 minutes...that's eleven minutes as in go have a cup of
coffee and read the morning paper and then come back and check email

doesn't this seem excessive to others?
on my Ubuntu netbook it takes all of 20 seconds BUT it doesn't have
all the brushes, scripts and filters I have in the OS X version

20 seconds vs 11 minutes?!