>Was sure I posted yesterday....
>Have been following the "hot wallpaper with flames"
>tutorial. My problem is that when I'm trying to remove the background,
>instead of beeing removed completely it turns in to a white background. The
>whole point is that object would be freed from the background. What have I
>missed? Plerase help

hi chris!
the forums of gimpusers.com are connected to the mailing list, so you should
always include a link to which tutorial you refer ;)

i think your problem is the missing alpha channel of the layer. right click
the layer in the layers dialog and choose "add alpha channel". the you should
be able to free the body from the background.

Bernhard S.