On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 10:04 AM, norman <nor...@littletank.org> wrote:
> I am about to put my hand in my pocket and buy a scanner for scanning
> photographs into GIMP. I am having great difficulty in finding whether
> or not the scanners I can afford work with XSane. I go to Google, find
> various lists but there is no indication how up to date they are.Please
> help a poor old man make a good purchase. I can go up to £100 sterling.
> Norman

I recently found a used flatbed scanner for USD$15.00.
It is a CanoScan LiDE 35. I see all sorts of used flatbed
scanners at the thrift shops for USD$10-15.
It does a good job. The 4 buttons on it don't work in Debian,
but that's okay... XSane has all the buttons you'll need!

When I was in the used-computer shop, I simply asked the
proprietor to look-up the CanoScan LiDE 35 on the Internet
and he did. My $15 CanoScan LiDE 35 has the exact same
form-factor as the one in the retail store selling for over $100.

If it's listed on the above sane-mfgs.html page, it should be good!
b h a a l u u at g m a i l dot c o m
Kid on Bus: What are you gonna do today, Napoleon?
Napoleon Dynamite: Whatever I feel like I wanna do. Gosh!