On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 12:10 PM, City Ranch <cityra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000168 EndHTML:0000002241 StartFragment:0000000471
> EndFragment:0000002224
> gimp 2.6.6
> Laptop
> Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1 (build 6001)
> 1.60 gigahertz Intel Core Duo
> 64 kilobyte primary memory cache
> 1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
> I use the Navigation window to enlarge and move around image while using the
> Paths Tool.
> No matter the size of the photo in height and width and kb I end up with the
> same problem when I am finished outlining an image in the photo. When I
> double click on my first anchor for the marching ants I get a double line
> from the left to the right side in the middle of the image. This double line
> can be a small as eight pixels wide to as much as two thirds of the image.
I  suspect this is a misunderstanding on your part of the mechanics of
paths. A few screenshots would help a lot if you could do that?

> If I outline using the Paths Tool two people standing together taking up
> most of the frame I will get the double line usually from the right elbow of
> the person standing on your left to the left hip of the person standing on
> your right. This double line can take out any where from the chest to the
> knees of the people or a thin line from elbow to hip.
I presume the area in question is the area of overlap between those two paths.
This is normal -- it is in fact the same mechanic that allows you to
have, say, a hollow circle.

If it's not what you want, I suggest exporting to Inkscape and using
the Union operator to make a path that is the union of those paths.