> So I guess I don't have the manual in the right place.
I'd guess that you probably DO have the manual in the right place. For
some reason, the interface between GIMP and the help manual and Windows
is broken in 2.6. In November, 2008, I reported the same issue on this
list, was told it was a known issue, and was to be fixed in the "next
release". As this was 2.6.2, my assumption at the time was that "next
release" meant 2.6.3, but as we are now to 2.6.6, I'm guessing instead
that "next release" actually means no earlier than 2.8.x