Hello,

I am trying to make an image with the main part of it as a white object and
everything else transparent.  I've followed tutorials and examples on how to
do this (add alpha channel, select the background color, delete it) and it
works fine if my object is not white, but if it is white then it, too, becomes
transparent.  When I look at the image in IE it looks OK but, used in an
OpenGL application, it is just a blank image.
I have a different white transparent GIF that I didn't create using GIMP, and
it behaves as expected (white where it should be white, transparent where it
should be transparent).  I do not understand the difference between the two
and was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction.

I am using GIMP 2.6.4 on Windows XP.

Thanks,

Dan

--