Hi,
I'm a newbie to Gimp and I wonder if some of the users can help me out.
At my flickr site
http://www.flickr.com/photos/the-real-james-bond/3610598846/ i have a merged
image made of a group of 4 shots of a rider jumping a gap.
I did this in a round about fashion  which took a lot of time. Can any one
tell me or point me in the direction of a tute to do this in a more
accomplished way.

Just a side note to my reference in the subject line, when i opened the
images to layers, i found that the inverse selection I did "to delete
everything but the rider", did not delete to transparent but rather to white,
which I then "convert colour to alpha". i was under the impression that the I
could delete to transparency, and despite my best efforts I could not get it
work.
I'm all ears.. very happy to be shown.
Thanks in advance

--