>On Tuesday 09 June 2009 18:56:04 Theo M wrote:
>> was under the impression that the I could delete
>> to transparency, and despite my best efforts I
>> could not get it work.
>If you imported the image or layer from a JPeG (.jpg)
>file, it will not have an alpha property for that layer.
>Use menu: Layer / Transparency / Add alpha channel
>Delete will then (by default) make the deleted section
>When you save back to a JPeG, GIMP will paint the
>background (of the saved image only) white.
>Save into an XCF file to retain all of the layers,
>transparency, etc.
>Cheers; Leon
Thanks Leon, I tried your recommendation and it works well. Originally when i
imported as layers the .jpg files, the channels had alpha as well as RGB and
that's were the confusion on my part was. is there a way to select the all the
imported layers and reapply the alpha channel, or do i have to apply them

Theo M. (via www.gimpusers.com)