I have upgraded to Ubuntu 9.04 and Gimp 2.6 was installed with it.  When I
started to use Gimp, none of the tools worked. I could select a tool and move
it over a picture, but nothing happens.  I have been using Gimp for several
years on the same computer with previous versions of Ubuntu and Gimp 2.4
worked perfectly with Ubuntu 8.10.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled using
the Gimp site, apt-get install and Synaptic all with the same result.

Could this be a bug for my AMD chip-set?
Are there some files missing from the original Ubuntu installation?
Is it possible to install version 2.4 instead?

--
Brian C. (via www.gimpusers.com)