Hi Gimp-user,

See the plain-old wooden fence at the top of this page.
Simply, right :-)  I wanted practice drawing lines, shapes, and
coloring them.

I created the vertical and horizontal with the Rectangle Select Tool
and Select > Stroke Selection, Paint Tool set to Pencil Circle (01),
Scale set to 2.

To create the diagonal I still used the Rectangle Select Tool, then
Rotate Tool, then Select > Stroke Selection. But the line is very
jagged, and it looks different than the horizontal and vertical.

I tried just using the Pencil, then the Paint brush (holding the Shift
key to get a straight line). I changed to a fuzzy brush.

How does one get a smooth diagonal line, like the one in the picture.

Thank you.