On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 21:35:25 +0200
Jogchum Reitsma <j.reit...@hccnet.nl> wrote:

> Sven Neumann schreef:

> > Here's what I did to get a PDF version of the english user manual:
> >
> >  git clone --depth=0 git://git.gnome.org/gimp-help-2
> >  cd gimp-help-2
> >  ./autogen.sh
> >  LINGUAS=en make
> >  LINGUAS=en make pdf-local

That snippet from Sven was fantastic, thanks, worked like a charm

> Seems a perfect solution, be it that in my case (Suse 11.1), the first
> make fails with
>
>     *** Making html for en ...
>     /usr/bin/xsltproc \
>               --nonet  \
>               --xinclude \
>               --stringparam l10n.gentext.default.language en \
>               -o html/en/ \
>               stylesheets/plainhtml.xsl \
>               xml/en/gimp.xml
>     I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
>     http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/xhtml/chunk.xsl
>     warning: failed to load external entity
>     "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/xhtml/chunk.xsl";
>     compilation error: file stylesheets/plainhtml.xsl line 8 element
> import xsl:import : unable to load
>     http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/xhtml/chunk.xsl
>     make[1]: *** [html/en/index.html] Fout 5
>
> The URL is accessable in a browser, so that's not the problem.
>
> Any idea what that might be?

I had no trouble, but then again, I had installed anything that looked
like docbook, stylesheets into Ubuntu-9.04 when it came out, so all I
can suggest is that you get all the stylesheets.

However you might be better off looking at the Makefile and seeing what
it wants. I notice these things which you probably should have
installed.

DBLATEX = /usr/bin/dblatex
DOCBOOK2ODF = /usr/bin/docbook2odf
XML2PO = /usr/bin/xml2po
XMLLINT = /usr/bin/xmllint

Installing those may have other dependencies that should bring your
system up to date

Owen