Paul Hartman wrote:
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Bob Meetin <> wrote:
Subject says it all.  I have a large assortment of product pictures
which I need to give uniform backgrounds, preferably white.  Can someone
point me to a tutorial that discusses how?  You can see a representative
sample image at:
They can probably live with the shadows if I can lose the bulk of the

The documentation :)

(not sure which version of Gimp it was written for or which version
you're using)
I have seen this before but never used it for a project. Okay now I played with it for a few minutes. There must be some trick/finesse to getting it to zero in on the subject, really on the subject's edges. By following the instructions in* Figure 13.26 *and keep redrawing the line the border gets pretty mixed up in the shadow areas especially. Maybe it's my inexperience, but I can actually get a smoother edged selection by using the Paths tool. 2.4.5 on Ubuntu - Bob