hi,

some time ago there was a thread about changing the brush icon between showing
the brush size and a precise crosshair. I can't seem to locate that thread, but
if I remember rightly it was suggested that the change should happen at
mouse-click, or when holding the mouse button down.

Now I've just discovered, quite fortuitiously, that in photoshop (at least in
Elements 2, so presumably also in PS7, on which the elements code was based)
that you can toggle between these icons (i.e. brush outline vs. crosshair)
using the caps-lock key.

Maybe that might be a good idea for GIMP also?

/Gary